Area bonding applications total more than $16M
WILLMAR -- The city of Cosmos is seeking state bonding assistance to help replace its public library, which burned down in February 2011.
The library was destroyed by fire along with a collection of about 9,000 items, including historic references.
Cosmos applied for $600,000 from a pool of $47.5 million in state bonding funds. The Legislature left the money unallocated when it passed a $500 million bonding bill last spring.
Several other area communities have applied for funding totaling more than $16 million:
Sibley Renville Fiber Joint Powers Board, $5.1 million for fiber optics installation.
- Ltchfield, $2.55 million for wastewater infrastructure.
- Moon, $2.5 million for Gneiss River Valley Development Project
- Redwod/Renville Regional Solid Waste Board, $2.26 million for material recovery facility.
- Hector$1.25 million for wastewater system improvement.
- Brooten,780,500 for industrial park infrastructure.
- Clara City$774,574 to expand its industrial park.
- Maynard, $53,635 for public infrastructure.