Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Autopsy: Barnsville toddler likely choked on marbles

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
news Willmar, 56201
West Central Tribune
(320) 235-6769 customer support
Willmar Minnesota 2208 Trott Ave. SW / P.O. Box 839 56201

BARNESVILLE, Minn. - Preliminary autopsy results indicate a 3-year-old girl who died Sunday at her rural Barnesville home died from asphyxiation as a result of swallowing marbles that constricted her airway, Wilkin County Sheriff Tom Matejka said Tuesday.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Kylie Martinez-Braton lived in the home with her mother, Mici Braton, and grandparents Randy and Trinda Braton.

Matejka said one of the grandparents called authorities at 7:35 a.m. Sunday. A deputy and Barnesville ambulance crew arrived to find the girl lying in bed unresponsive and cold to the touch. She had some bruising around her lips, Matejka said.

Advertisement
news@wctrib.com
Advertisement
Advertisement