Barn, animals lost in Sunday fire near Litchfield, Minn.
LITCHFIELD — Eleven pigs and a cow, along with a 30-by-80-foot barn, were lost in a fire reported around 5:15 p.m. Sunday at the William and Mary Nething residence at 63724 260th St., in Darwin Township.
According to the Meeker County Sheriff’s Office, the Litchfield and Dassel fire departments responded to the blaze, which may have been caused by an electrical short in the wiring. The owners were able to remove two horses from the barn during the fire.
The total dollar amount of loss is not known and the fire is under investigation.