HOLLOWAY (AP) -- A 75-year-old man has died after rescuing his female companion and severely disabled son from a house fire in southwestern Minnesota.
The Swift County Sheriff's Office says Charles Brown got his 76-year-old companion and 27-year-old son out of the house moments before the fire spread into the house from the garage.
Local residents and emergency personnel helped get Charles Brown out of the house in Holloway just before he collapsed Thursday morning.
Preliminary indications are that Brown died as a result of a massive heart attack. Investigators say the fire was started by an improperly installed propane heater in the garage.
The fire was fueled by a significant amount of sawdust and other flammable material stored in the garage.
WILLMAR -- City of Willmar and Kandiyohi County offices are closed Monday for the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday.
The county holiday includes offices in the courthouse, the downtown County Office Building and the Health and Human Services building, as well as the landfill.
Willmar city offices, including the Municipal Utilities, are closed.
U.S. financial markets are closed Monday, and there is no home mail delivery on federal holidays.