Carbon monoxide poisoning claims Gibbon man
ATWATER -- The individual has been identified who apparently died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a fish house on Lake Elizabeth Sunday morning.
He is Sidney Ray Schmidt, 40, of Gibbon. Further investigation into Schmidt's death is being conducted, according to a news release today from Kandiyohi County Sheriff Dan Hartog.
The sheriff's office responded to a 911 call at 9:17 a.m. Sunday from an individual that found Schmidt non-responsive in his fish house southwest of Atwater.
Schmidt was transported by Atwater Ambulance Service to Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar where he was pronounced dead.
The sheriff's office said the Atwater Fire Department was summoned back to the scene to assist a Willmar paramedic with an individual that had entered the fish house and found Schmidt. This party was also suffering from respiratory issues and was transported by Willmar Ambulance Service to Rice Hospital, the sheriff's office reported.