Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Careless smoking cause of apartment fire in Olivia

Email News Alerts

OLIVIA — Careless smoking is the apparent cause of the fire that damaged an apartment unit Feb. 7 at Westcourt Apartments in Olivia. The body of the apartment’s tenant was later discovered.

Advertisement

Billy Eugene Camper, 64, of Olivia, died of natural causes before the fire broke out in his apartment, an autopsy by the Ramsey County Medical Examiner determined.

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us or call 320-214-4364 and we can help you.

Advertisement
Tom Cherveny
Tom Cherveny is a regional and outdoor reporter with the West Central Tribune in Willmar, MN.
(320) 214-4335
Advertisement
randomness