Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
The houseboat looks good Tuesday at the dock at Melvin's after a storm earlier in the day flooded a portion of the boat, causing it to list. Tribune photo by Gary Miller

'Close call' on Melvin's houseboat

Email

SPICER -- One man was overcome by carbon monoxide Tuesday while helping rescue a popular houseboat used for cruises on Green Lake.

Chris Pientka, owner of Four Seasons Lawn and Beach Service, was operating pumps used to raise the partially submerged boat. He was transported to Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar and airlifted to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he was placed in a hyperbaric chamber. Family members reported Tuesday afternoon that he was in stable condition.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Tom Cherveny
Tom Cherveny is a regional and outdoor reporter with the West Central Tribune in Willmar, MN.
(320) 214-4335
Advertisement
Advertisement