Weather Forecast


Community action agencies in S.W. Minn. discuss merger


WILLMAR — No matter whether you live in Worthington or Willmar, if you need help paying the winter heating bill, you call on your community action agency.

If you live in Montevideo, you can also turn to your community action agency if you need help getting to the local medical clinic or to the store for groceries.

And if you live in Marshall, it’s your local community action agency that may help pair your child with mentors in a Big Buddies program.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet?

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at and we can help you.

Tom Cherveny
Tom Cherveny is a regional and outdoor reporter with the West Central Tribune in Willmar, MN.
(320) 214-4335