Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
At a hospital in Patna, India, an Indian woman sits Thursday beside a child who fell sick after eating a free school lunch. Indian officials say at least 22 children have died and more than two dozen others were sickened after eating a free school lunch that was tainted with insecticide. (AP Photo/ Aftab Alam Siddiqui)

Cooks recount horror of Indian school lunch deaths

Email News Alerts

By INDRAJIT SINGH

Associated Press

PATNA, India (AP) -- Soon after they served the daily free lunch they had prepared for dozens of children at a rural Indian school, the two cooks realized something was very wrong. The students started fainting. Within hours, they began dying.

Advertisement

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us or call 320-214-4364 and we can help you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness