Eagle Lake man dies by electrocution Sunday while working on boat lift
WILLMAR -- A 56-year-old Eagle Lake man was electrocuted Sunday evening while working on his boat lift at his home in the 3900 block of North Eagle Road.
According to a release from the Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Department, Brian Van Engen was moving his boat lift when it came into contact with an extension cord that had been rubbed bare. The cord had been used to supply power to the electric boat lift.
Van Engen went under the water, and a neighbor unplugged the extension cord and pulled him from the water. CPR was started while authorities were called. Spicer First Responders and Willmar Ambulance personnel continued CPR and transported him to Rice Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.