Editorial: It's a good time to look for a house buy
Home buying is always a big decision in any family, especially that first home purchase.
In 2008, the real estate market nationwide did not have a banner year. Locally and in west central Minnesota, the real estate market did not suffer as much.
Now is a good time for individuals looking to purchase a home to consider doing it soon.
Here are the reasons why:
- With the recession nearing an end, there are indications that the economy is starting to improve.
- Mortgage interest rates are at a very competitive rates, which makes a home purchase more affordable.
- There i a good supply of homes available throughout Willmar and west central Minnesota.
- There is also a first-time home buyer tax credit of $8,000 currently available. Home buyers must complete their purchase by Nov. 30 to qualify for this credit. There is no guarantee that this tax credit plan will be extended.
- Home sales nationally appear to be picking up speed. Nationally, home sales have increased four out of the last five months.
Now is a good time to be looking at a home purchase, especially for those first-time homebuyers.
If you are thinking about purchasing a home, pick up the phone and call a local Realtor, banker or mortgage company in Willmar or in your west central Minnesota town. These home buying specialists can help answer your questions and hopefully assist you in completing your home purchase.