Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Fatal explosion caused by LP gas leak on Big Kaniyohi Lake near WIllmar, Minn.

Email

WILLMAR -- An explosion and fire Wednesday at a home on Big Kandiyohi Lake that killed a Lake Lillian man was caused by an LP gas leak.

Kandiyohi County Sheriff Dan Hartog said Friday the State Fire Marshal determined that the explosion and fire was accidental and involved an LP gas leak inside the small lakeside house.

Daniel Ray Rustad, 64, died in the incident. He was the lone occupant in the home, located along the 6400 block of 126th Avenue Southeast.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement