DARWIN -- A home in Darwin sustained moderate damage this morning due to an electrical fire.
According to a news release from Meeker County Sheriff Jeff Norlin, the Dassel Fire Department was called around 11:45 a.m. to the Philip Kloeckl residence at 401 First St. N. in Darwin.
Kloeckl was outside of the residence and was about to go back inside when a neighbor yelled to inform him that there was smoke coming from his house.
The fire apparently started in the basement and was electrical in nature. It was contained to the front entryway, where it travelled through the walls and siding of the home.