Fire destroys Diamond Lake residence
ATWATER -- Fire destroyed a four-season residence and garage on the north shore of Diamond Lake after an electric heater apparently malfunctioned in the garage on Friday afternoon.
The fire spread quickly to the nearby house: Flames were shooting from a corner of the roof of the house and the garage was engulfed in flames when Atwater Volunteer Fire Fighters reached the scene, according to Fire Chief Gerald Schwartz.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you.