Weather Forecast

The Willmar Fire Department was called around 1:10 p.m. Wednesday to a fire in the dust collection system at West Central Steel, 2011 Gorton Ave. N.W. According to Fire Chief Marv Calvin, staff at the building noticed smoke and discovered the fire in the collection system. The building was then evacuated. Firefighters opened the collection system and were able to extinguish the fire. One firefighter was taken to the emergency room at Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar for treatment for carbon monoxide poi...

Fire reported at West Central Steel

Email News Alerts

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us or call 320-214-4364 and we can help you.