Gas leak closes part of First Street in Willmar
WILLMAR - First Street has been closed to traffic for several blocks because of a natural gas leak at a construction site.
The road was shut down over the noon hour from Willmar Avenue north to Kandiyohi Avenue. Willmar Police, the Willmar Fire Department, Kandiyohi County Rescue Squad and CenterPoint Energy all were at the scene.
Willmar Fire Chief Marv Calvin said the street could be closed to traffic this afternoon for up to four hours.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.