Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Public can bid farewell Saturday to deploying Army Reserve members from Willmar detachment

Willmar firefighters retract the ladder on the city's ladder fire truck after fighting a house fire Thursday morning at 2208 23rd St. S.W. The fire was caused by an unattended candle and the home is considered a total loss, according to Fire Chief Marv Calvin. For video of the fire, visit www.wctrib.com Tribune photo by Gretchen Schlosser

Home destroyed by fire

News Willmar,Minnesota 56201 http://www.wctrib.com/sites/default/files/styles/square_300/public/fieldimages/1/1130/20100910090910housefirejpg.jpg?itok=-V23Y2QD
West Central Tribune
Home destroyed by fire
Willmar Minnesota 2208 Trott Ave. SW / P.O. Box 839 56201

WILLMAR -- A home in southwest Willmar was destroyed Thursday morning by a fire that started from an unattended candle, according to Fire Chief Marv Calvin.

Willmar Fire Department was dispatched around 11:20 a.m. Thursday to 2208 23rd St. S.W. and firefighters were informed before they reached the home that it was fully involved with fire.

The crews used the city's ladder truck to extinguish the blaze. An investigation into the cause led to an unattended candle left on a bedside stand, Calvin said.

No one was at home at the time. No one was injured. The family will stay with relatives tonight and the home is insured, he added.

-- Gretchen Schlosser

news@wctrib.com
Advertisement