Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Willmar firefighters retract the ladder on the city's ladder fire truck after fighting a house fire Thursday morning at 2208 23rd St. S.W. The fire was caused by an unattended candle and the home is considered a total loss, according to Fire Chief Marv Calvin. For video of the fire, visit www.wctrib.com Tribune photo by Gretchen Schlosser

Home destroyed by fire

Email

WILLMAR -- A home in southwest Willmar was destroyed Thursday morning by a fire that started from an unattended candle, according to Fire Chief Marv Calvin.

Willmar Fire Department was dispatched around 11:20 a.m. Thursday to 2208 23rd St. S.W. and firefighters were informed before they reached the home that it was fully involved with fire.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness