Investigation continues in suspicious death in Montevideo
MONTEVIDEO — Montevideo police said they were unable to release any new information Thursday on the investigation into what they are terming the suspicious death of Thomas Dickson, 64.
His body was discovered in his apartment around 10:15 p.m. on Monday. Dickson lived in a second-floor apartment unit on Canyon Avenue, one block from the town’s Main Street.
Montevideo Police Chief Adam Christopher said that the investigation is continuing to take baby steps forward, but that police were not at a point where they could release additional information as to the cause or nature of the death. He said that police do not believe there is any danger to the public.
No one has been taken into custody in connection with the case.
Dickson’s body had been sent to the Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s office. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating the death, and it brought its mobile laboratory to the scene after the discovery of the deceased.
Tyler Lokken lives a couple doors down the hallway in the apartment building where Dickson lived. Lokken said he was home Monday evening but had not heard or seen any unusual activity until police arrived on the scene. They knocked on his apartment door and asked if he had heard anything unusual.
Lokken said he had lived in the apartment building for about four months, and had only seen Dickson once during that time.
Back Street Auto is part of the building complex. Its owner, Sid Winters, refused to discuss the matter.
Anyone with information that could aid the investigation is encouraged to contact the Montevideo Police Department at 320-269-8808.