Klobuchar's visit continues today
WILLMAR -- U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar's two-day rural economic tour that began Friday afternoon continues today in western Minnesota with stops in Wheaton, Ortonville, Hendricks, Dawson, Granite Falls and Montevideo.
On Friday, Klobuchar visited Blomkest, Benson and Morris.
"During these difficult economic times, Minnesota's rural economy has shown remarkable resilience," said Klobuchar. "I believe the prosperity of our state depends on the economic vitality of our farms and rural communities. While agriculture continues to be the backbone of our rural economy, there is also growing diversification into renewable energy, manufacturing and other economic sectors."
Klobuchar said the tour is an opportunity to meet with and listen to the concerns of Minnesotans and see the latest developments in their communities. Klobuchar serves on the Senate Agriculture Committee, Senate Commerce Committee and the Joint Economic Committee.
Today's stops are:
- Wheaton -- 8:30 a.m., Country Corner Café, 1113 Broadway, meet with local area residents.
- Ortonville -- 10:15 a.m., Pro Image Partners, 47 Second St. N.W., meet with local area leaders about economic development.
- Hendricks -- 12:45 p.m., Irene's by Julie, 116 S. Main St., meet with local area residents.
- Dawson -- 2:30 p.m., Dawson City Hall, 675 Chestnut, Minnesota Intelligent Rural Communities, tour and discussion of broadband opportunities.
- Granite Falls -- 4:15 p.m., SpecSys Inc., 1123 Highway 212 W., tour of engineering and manufacturing business.
- Montevideo -- 6 p.m., American Legion Post 59, 613 Legion Dr., Governor's Pheasant Opener community celebration.