Life-saving act: Restaurant owners honored for quick action to save customer from choking
WILLMAR — Mary and Ron Guetter, owners of McMillan’s Restaurant, knew their customer was in trouble when he came up to the cash register during Sunday morning brunch last month, wheezing and unable to speak.
The couple’s quick action to perform the Heimlich maneuver likely saved the man from choking to death and earned them a lifesaving certificate of merit Monday night from the Willmar Ambulance Service.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.