Willmar City Council
WILLMAR -- The Kandiyohi County Commissioners will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday when they will discuss the possibility of appointing, rather than electing the offices of auditor/treasurer, recorder and surveyor. They will also discuss whether or not to continue implementing a gravel tax on gravel mined in the county.
Other items on the agenda include updates on soil and water conservation projects, a request by Miller Sanitation to be licensed for solid waste and recycling, a resolution for funding from the environmental fund and the purchase of land in Roseville Township by the Department of Natural Resources.
Prior to their regular board meeting, the commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. as the family services committee.
They meet on the second floor of the Health and Human Services building, located at 2200 23rd St. NE in Willmar.
Kandiyohi County Board Of Commissioners
WILLMAR -- The Willmar City Council will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the chambers at the Municipal Utilities Building, 700 Litchfield Ave. S.W.
The council will consider a resolution to call a public hearing on an ordinance authorizing issuance of $8.7 million in municipal utility revenue bonds. The bonds would be issued to finance construction of the Municipal Utilities' wind turbine project.
In other business, the council will hold a public hearing on an ordinance to increase sewer rates over a four-year period beginning 2009 and going through 2012 to pay for the new wastewater treatment project.
In other business, the council:
- Will hear Mayor Les Heitke's annual State of City address.
- Take comments from the public during the open forum.
- Receive a flag donation from the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
- Receive the reports from the Community Development Committee and the Public Works/Safety Committee.
- Consider a request from Wayne Schwitters to rezone his property at 412 Seventh St. S.W. from limited business to R-2 (one- and two-family residential).
- Consider assessment reductions for Water View Business Park.