More Records, Sept. 16
Residents awaken to men in apartment
WILLMAR -- Two people awakened around 5:15 a.m. Monday morning along the 1300 block of Fifth Street Southwest to find two males in their kitchen looking through their freezer. One of the residents yelled at the men and they ran away. Nothing was missing from the residence.
WILLMAR -- A case of property damage was reported around 9:10 p.m. Sunday along the 1000 block of 17th Street Southwest. The property had been hit with toilet paper and eggs. The teens who perpetrated the damage returned later to clean up the mess, after they had been caught by police.
WILLMAR -- Damage with toilet paper and eggs was reported around 11 p.m. Sunday along the 600 block of Richland Avenue Southwest.
SPICER -- Toilet paper and other materials were confiscated from persons in three vehicles around 11:20 p.m. Sunday along the 8200 block of Decathelon Drive Northeast.
WILLMAR -- A broken window was reported around 11:20 p.m. Sunday along the 500 block of 16th Street Southwest.
WILLMAR -- A slashed tire was reported around 9:30 p.m. Sunday along the 500 block of Fourth Street Southeast.
WILLMAR -- Property damage caused by toilet paper, eggs and chocolate syrup was reported around 9 p.m. Sunday near 29th Street and 15th Avenue Northwest.
WILLMAR -- Graffiti on a garage was reported around 12:30 p.m. Monday along the 400 block of Julii Street Southeast.
WILLMAR -- A group of juveniles were warned about their conduct, involving toilet paper and eggs, around 11 p.m. Sunday along 22nd Street Southwest, near the Dorothy Olson Aquatic Center.
WILLMAR -- The Willmar Fire Department was called to a garage fire around 1:25 a.m. Monday at 1365 39th Street N.W.
The department arrived to find a two-car garage, with one vehicle inside, fully engulfed in flames, according to Chief Marv Calvin. The fire was caused by an electrical issue.
The Pennock Fire Department was called for mutual aid.
Friday fire listed as arson
WILLMAR -- The Friday night fire that destroyed a garage along the city's southeast side has been classified as arson, according to Fire Chief Marv Calvin.
Anyone with information is urged to call the arson hotline at 800-723-2020 or local law enforcement. A reward may be available for the information.
The fire, at 1004 Second St. S.E. damaged an unoccupied and unused garage.