MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Prosecutors say they do not have enough evidence to charge a Crystal couple in the death of an infant.
Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman says the couple is being released today. But he says the investigation is continuing and charges may be possible in the future.
Earlier this week, the man walked into the Crystal police station and told authorities that a baby died several years ago and was buried in the couple's backyard.
Officials arrested the couple and began digging. Authorities unearthed human bones Thursday.
Crystal Police Chief John Banick says the bones are that of an infant boy born in August 2008.
Authorities don't know whether the baby was alive when he was born or when he was buried. The medical examiner is still doing tests.