No one injured in explosion at grain elevator
LAKE WILSON, Minn. -- No one was injured in an explosion at the Lake Wilson Grain Elevator late Tuesday night.
Firefighters from the Lake Wilson and Chandler Fire Departments were dispatched to a report of a vaporizer explosion at 10:20 p.m. at the elevator.
Firefighters were on scene within minutes as the elevator is located directly across the street from Lake Wilson's Fire Hall.
There were no flames or destruction noticeable from the street, and the extent of damage, if any, was unknown early today.
About five years ago, a late night explosion rocked the small town of Lake Wilson, leveling the town's fire hall and causing serious destruction at the elevator. That explosion was caused by a faulty forced heat furnace installation at the fire hall. Both the fire hall and the elevator were rebuilt after switching sides of the street.
Justine Wettschreck is a reporter for the Worthington Daily Globe, which is owned by Forum Communications Co.