WILLMAR -- Willmar firefighters were called to a kitchen fire started by a young child Wednesday morning.
The fire was in a duplex in the 600 block of Fourth Street Southwest in Willmar. The fire was reported at 10:43 a.m. Wednesday.
Willmar Fire Chief Marv Calvin said the fire was contained in the kitchen of the duplex, but there was some smoke damage to the rest of the first floor.
A man at the home was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, Calvin said. The child was not injured.
The pre-school-aged boy was playing with matches or a lighter, Calvin said.
"We've had too many of these lately, with kids starting fires," he said.
Calvin's advice to parents: Keep matches and lighters away from children and teach them to leave those things alone.
"They need to make sure they don't have anything out where children can find them and play with them," he said.
WILLMAR -- A 21-year-old Willmar woman was injured Tuesday afternoon in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of 19th Avenue Southwest and 15th Street.
Nicole Marie Kottke was taken to Rice Memorial Hospital where she was treated and released, according to a nursing supervisor.
The other driver was Karen Mary Johnson, 55, of Willmar. She was uninjured.
The crash was reported at 2:31 p.m. Tuesday.