Salvation Army in Willmar taking applications for holiday aid
WILLMAR — The Salvation Army in Willmar will be taking applications for Thanksgiving and Christmas assistance for two weeks. They will be open from 9 a.m. to noon and 12:30 to 4 p.m. the weeks of Nov. 4-9 and Dec. 2-6.
Applicants must apply in person at The Salvation Army office at 521 Fourth St. S.W. in Willmar. They will need to provide:
* A picture ID with current address in Kandiyohi County for all adults 18 and older in the household along with separate verification of current address if picture ID does not have current address.
* Social Security number for all members, including children, in the household.
* Last 30 days Medical Card listing children. If a medical card is not available, verification is needed for each child showing that child lives at the current address.
* Gross income for the last 30 days for entire household, for everyone over 18 years of age.
* If there are foster children in the household, proof of placement must be provided.
Food vouchers for Thanksgiving will be distributed Nov. 18-19.
Christmas food vouchers will be distributed Dec. 19-20.
This year the annual toy distribution will host a “toy shop” in which parents will be able to choose their own gifts for their children, accompanied by a volunteer who will assist them through the toy shop. The toy shop will be open Dec. 19-20.
Applications must be made in person during one of the two weeks. No exceptions will be allowed.