Street improvement hearing rescheduled to April 7
WILLMAR — A public hearing on this year’s street improvements will be conducted April 7, the Willmar City Council voted this week.
The council had scheduled the hearing for March 17, but city staff asked the council to reschedule the hearing because they did not have adequate time to officially publish the hearing notice and to mail notices to property owners whose property would be assessed for the improvements.
The hearing is necessary due to state requirements associated with the assessment process.
An estimated $5,588,050 in street improvements are proposed for 2014 in the preliminary engineering report. The report was authorized by the council Oct. 7.
Funding associated with the improvements includes special assessments, local funds, local option sales tax revenue and state aid funds.
Two streets are proposed for reconstruction and five are proposed for mill and overlay.
Under new construction, new streets are proposed in the industrial park. Also, the city will construct the new 12th Street Southeast and install new lighting along Willmar Avenue Southwest.
Work in the reconstruction areas includes surface improvements and the installation or replacement of water mains, storm sewer and sanitary sewer mains.
Improvements in the new construction areas include new streets and installation of water mains, storm sewer mains, and sanitary sewer mains.
Improvements in the overlay areas include laying new bituminous surfacing and replacing concrete curb and gutter.
- Gorton Avenue Northwest, from Seventh Street to 10th Street.
- Ninth Street Northwest, from Campbell Avenue to Ella Avenue.
New construction areas:
- 12th Street Southeast, from 11th Avenue to Willmar Avenue.
- Industrial Park Fourth Addition.
- Street lighting on Willmar Avenue Southwest, from 22nd Street to County Road 5.
- 23rd Street Southwest, from Trott Avenue to 325 feet north of Trott Avenue.
-10th Street Southwest, from Kandiyohi Avenue to Litchfield Avenue.
- Ninth Street Southwest, from Kandiyohi Avenue to Litchfield Avenue.
- Seventh Street Southeast, from 775 feet south of Willmar Avenue to Willmar Avenue.
- 25th Street Southeast, from Seventh Avenue to Fourth Avenue.