Lightning sparked a fire early this morning in rural Sunburg, near Norway Lake, that destroyed the home of Dan and Sue Kallevig.
Sunburg family left homeless after lightning ignites fire
SUNBURG -- A rural Sunburg home was destroyed in a fire early this morning after being struck by lightning.
Dan and Sue Kallevig escaped with only the clothes on their backs.
They credit a neighbor for pounding on their back door around 1 a.m., alerting them to the fire that had started in the front of their house.
Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? Activate your account.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us or call 320-214-4364 and we can help you.