UPDATE: Willmar, Minn., house fire cause still undetermined, narrowed to 3 possibilities
WILLMAR -- The cause of a fire that burned the home at 300 Vos Park Drive around 6:30 p.m. Friday is still undetermined, but investigators have narrowed the possible causes of the blaze.
According to Willmar Fire Chief Marv Calvin, the three possibilities are careless disposal of a cigarette, fireworks or someone intentionally lighting the fire. Officials are waiting for test results that could further identify the cause, he said. The State Fire Marshal was also involved in the investigation.
The fire started on the exterior of the residence. Neighbors in Regency Estates West noticed a couch on fire and notified the two people who were inside the home. They were able to escape to safety.
The house was a total loss.