West central Minn. teachers make donation requests
In addition to Katie Ruter of Atwater-Cosmos-Grove City, other west central Minnesota teachers have placed requests for classroom projects on the DonorsChoose.org website. For a more detailed description of each project, go to www.DonorsChoose.org. Click on "Search Projects" and search by state and school district.
The project costs listed include shipping and handling costs but do not include the optional donations suggested to support the work of DonorsChoose.org
* Roger Ebnet at Northside Elementary School in Benson Public Schools posted on Feb. 13 seeking 2 Asus tablet computers to help with his second-grade reading instruction. The cost of his project is $858.98.
* Nicole Klaustermeier at Appleton Elementary School in the Lac qui Parle Valley District is seeking headphones, a listening center, recorded books and a kidney-shaped table for reading workshop. The cost of the project is $788.96, and two donors have already given $550. She posted her requests in October. The request expires in two weeks.
* Angela Huhner in the Litchfield School District posted a request in October for a user-friendly touch computer for her students in grades K-5. Many of them do not have computers at home. The cost is $476.53. The request expires in less than two weeks.
* Kati Luschen at Sanford Elementary School in the Montevideo School District posted a request in January for a sensory table and related equipment to help kindergarteners work on letters and numbers while playing in sand or water. The cost of the project is $385.73.
* Mindy Christopher at Ramsey Elementary School in Montevideo is seeking an Xbox Kinect Console and a Dance Central game to reinforce social interactions with her special education students and to use as a reward for positive behavior. The cost is $402.23.
* Jana Wigdahl at Prairie Woods Elementary School in New London-Spicer Schools posted a request on Feb. 10 for a large, comfortable rug for her kindergarten classroom. The rug is designed for schools, so that each student can have his or her own space on the rug and can work or move around without bothering another student. The cost is $445.22.
* Sandy Whited at Reede Gray Elementary School in the Redwood Valley School District posted a request in November for six rolls of Smart-Fab fabric for backgrounds on bulletin boards. It's an effort to go green, as the fabric is reusable and recyclable. The cost is $208.65.
* Beth Jahn at Bert Raney Elementary School in the Yellow Medicine East District posted in January for 13 soprano ukuleles and replacement strings for her music students. The cost is $391.school donors