Willmar Holidaze festivities begin at 3 p.m. Saturday
WILLMAR -- Festivities begin at 3 p.m. Saturday on Becker Avenue in downtown Willmar for the annual Holidaze celebration.
Events include food booths, sleigh rides, coffee and roasting chestnuts, prizes and costume contest.
Linda Pate of the Minnesota Historic Preservation Office will lead the Willmar Walks historic walking tour through downtown at 3 p.m., starting at Selvig Park.
Other events include:
* 3 p.m. -- story time at Willmar Public Library.
* 3-6 p.m. -- free hot chocolate at First Presbyterian Church.
* 3-6 p.m. -- Memorial Room open at City Auditorium.
* 3:15-6:15 p.m. -- petting zoo and reindeer sleigh rides on Becker Avenue.
* 3:30-6 p.m. -- cookie making and Santa at The Barn Theatre.
* 3:50 p.m. -- the Mix-it Up Choir at Bethel Sanctuary.
* 4-6 p.m. -- chili supper at Bethel Church with Terry Shaw.
* 4:20 p.m. -- City Brass at Bethel Sanctuary.
* 4:50 p.m. -- Prairie Lakes String Quartet at Bethel Sanctuary.
* 5:20 p.m. -- Steve Friedlein on the piano at Bethel Sanctuary.
* 5:30 p.m. -- kids custom contest in front of Bethel Church.
* 6 p.m. -- tree lighting and caroling at Selvig Park.
* 6:30 p.m. -- downtown Holidaze parade.