Willmar home destroyed by fire, caused by wood stove
WILLMAR -- An improperly installed wood-burning stove caused the fire that destroyed a southwest Willmar home Tuesday evening.
According to Willmar Fire Chief Marv Calvin, a neighbor who saw and smelled smoke called the fire at 1718 Monongalia Ave. S.W. in to authorities at 11:17 p.m. Tuesday. Willmar Police officers responded and arrived to find smoke and fire on the north side of the home.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.