Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Willmar fire fighters responded to a fire that destroyed a small home at 1718 Monongalia Ave. S.W. in Willmar on Tuesday night. Photo by Tom Cherveny

Willmar home destroyed by fire, caused by wood stove

Email

WILLMAR -- An improperly installed wood-burning stove caused the fire that destroyed a southwest Willmar home Tuesday evening.

According to Willmar Fire Chief Marv Calvin, a neighbor who saw and smelled smoke called the fire at 1718 Monongalia Ave. S.W. in to authorities at 11:17 p.m. Tuesday. Willmar Police officers responded and arrived to find smoke and fire on the north side of the home.

Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.

You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at subscriberservices@forumcomm.com and we can help you.

Advertisement
Gretchen Schlosser

Gretchen Schlosser is the public safety reporter, and writes about agriculture occasionally, for the West Central Tribune. She's been with the Tribune since 2006 and has 17 years of experience working in news, media and communications. 

(320) 214-4373
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness