WILLMAR -- A 56-year-old Willmar man was electrocuted Sunday while working on the boat lift at his Eagle Lake home in the 3900 block of North Eagle Road.
According to a release from the Kandiyohi County Sheriff's Office, Brian Van Engen was moving his boat lift when it came into contact with an extension cord that had been rubbed bare. The cord had been used to supply power to the electric boat lift.
Van Engen went under water.
A neighbor unplugged the extension cord and pulled Van Engen from the water.
CPR was administered while authorities were called.
Spicer First Responders and Willmar Ambulance personnel continued administering CPR.
They transported Van Engen to Rice Memorial Hospital in Willmar, where he was pronounced dead.