Weather Forecast



This is the records summary for June 25.

Belgrade teen airlifted after Monday evening ATV crash

BELGRADE — A 15-year-old Belgrade teen was airlifted to St. Cloud Hospital for treatment of injuries suffered Monday evening in an all-terrain vehicle crash north of Belgrade.

According to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office, Zachary Walz was driving a 2004 Polaris four-wheeler along the 45000 block of Isabella Road in North Fork Township when he lost control and went into the ditch, causing the four-wheeler to roll. Another teen, Austin Trustheim, 15, of Brooten, witnessed the crash and reported it around 6:30 p.m.

Walz was taken by the Brooten Ambulance to Glacial Ridge Hospital in Glenwood and was later airlifted to St. Cloud Hospital.

The incident remains under investigation.


WILLMAR — The “egging” of several houses was reported around 8:30 a.m. Tuesday along the 800 block of 11th Avenue Southeast.


SPICER — An assault was reported around 1:45 p.m. Tuesday along the 100 block of Access Drive.


WILLMAR — The theft of money from a vehicle was reported around 2:20 p.m. Monday along the 8600 block of 15th Street Southeast.

District Court

Kandiyohi County

- Travis Lee Beyer, 20, of Willmar, was sentenced Monday to 365 days in jail, of which 350 days was stayed, and sentenced to a total of $1,500 in fines and 15 years of probation on a felony charge of third-degree criminal sexual conduct and a gross misdemeanor charge for contributing to the delinquency of a child for having sexual relations with a 14-year-old girl and providing her alcohol.

Beyer was ordered to complete a psychological-sexual evaluation and have no contact with the girl, her family or anyone under age 18 without supervision. He was ordered to not have any device that allows for Internet capabilities without approval of his probation officer.

He received a stay of adjudication on his felony sentence. Under the stay, no conviction will appear on his record if he complies with the sentencing order.

The charges were filed after Willmar police were notified in April 2012 by the girl’s guardian that she was sneaking out of the house and going to an apartment complex. The guardian reported the girl was having sex with an older man and that he was providing alcohol to her.

The guardian confronted Beyer, who told the guardian he never touched the girl and that he knew she was 14 years old.

However, when Beyer was interviewed by police, he admitted to numerous sexual encounters with the girl and that she told him she was 16 when they met on the Internet, but that she told him she was 14 years old later on during their relationship.