Weather Forecast


UPDATE: Dryer blamed for fire call on 10th Street Southwest

Willmar firefighters respond to a house fire on 10th Street Southwest in Willmar. There were no flames or damage visible from the exterior. (Tribune photo by Kelly Boldan.)

WILLMAR — Willmar Fire Department crews were dispatched around 12:15 p.m. today to 605 10th St. S.W. to extinguish a fire in a clothes dryer.

According to Fire Chief Gary Hendrickson, the resident of the home left for 15 minutes and returned to find the fire. The department extinguished the blaze and removed the dryer from the home.

There were no injuries and minor smoke damage to the residence, Hendrickson said.