Weather Forecast



This is the records summary for Nov. 16.


WILLMAR -- An assault between jail inmates was reported around 8 a.m. Monday at the Kandiyohi County Jail, 2201 23rd St. N.E. The incident allegedly happened on Sunday.

Two to hospital after First and 19th Ave. crash

WILLMAR -- Two Willmar residents were taken by ambulance to Rice Memorial Hospital for treatment of injuries sustained in a two-vehicle crash around 8:30 p.m. Friday at the intersection of First Street and 19th Avenue.

According to the crash report by the Willmar Police, Arvid Maxwell, 89, was driving a 2005 Subaru north on First Street and attempted to turn left and go west on 19th Avenue. His vehicle was struck by a southbound 2002 Ford Taurus driven by Laura Frost, 18, of Willmar.

Maxwell and his passenger, Nancy Maxwell, 85, were taken by ambulance to receive medical attention.

Eden Valley barn lost, livestock saved

EDEN VALLEY -- A barn was a total loss, but the livestock was saved from an early morning fire Monday near Eden Valley.

According to the Stearns County Sheriff's Office, dispatch received a 911 call at 4:49 a.m. for a barn fire located at 23712 150th St. in Eden Lake Township.

The fire was started by a pasturizer that was not working properly. All of the livestock was removed from the building without injury.

The Eden Valley Fire Department received assistance from the Watkins and Paynesville departments, along with the Paynesville Ambulance.

District Court

Kandiyohi County

- Victoria Nicole Cepeda, 19, of Willmar, pleaded guilty Monday to a felony charge for aiding an offender.

As part of a plea agreement, she will be sentenced according to the gross misdemeanor guidelines for the crime. Her sentencing date is Dec. 13.

According to the complaint, a warrant was issued on May 13 for Bobby Cuellar on a probation violation on a Chippewa County burglary case. A Willmar officer had stopped by Cepeda's apartment complex several times looking for Cuellar. The officer had also talked with tenants of the apartment and learned that Cuellar and Cepeda were seen together there. The officer later had contact with Cepeda, who denied seeing Cuellar for at least a week and a half.

The next day, a citizen reported seeing both go into an apartment. The officer went to the apartment, arrested Cuellar and later found Cepeda hiding and arrested her too.