Weather Forecast



This is the records summary for Dec. 1.

Property damage

WILLMAR -- Graffiti was reported around 12:45 p.m. Monday at the Kandi Mall, 1605 First St. S. Someone had left marks on doors, a tree, a fire hydrant and on the sidewalk outside of the mall.

WILLMAR -- Vandalism to a vehicle was reported around 8:10 p.m. Monday at the Kandi Mall, 1605 First St. S.

WILLMAR -- Graffiti on a garage was reported around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday along the 1700 block of 22nd Avenue Southwest.

WILLMAR -- Damage to a sign and a couch was reported around 9:20 a.m. Monday at the Kandi Mall, 1650 First St. S.

WILLMAR -- A smashed windshield of a vehicle was reported around 12:12 a.m. Sunday along the 1300 block of Sixth Street Southwest.


KANDIYOHI -- A case of debit card fraud was reported around 8:45 a.m. Monday along the 800 block of County Road 8 Southeast. Someone had charged more than $1,000 on the caller's debit card.

WILLMAR -- A fraudulent debit card charge was reported around 1 p.m. Monday along the 800 block of 30th Avenue Northwest.

Dog bite

WILLMAR -- A 20-year-old woman was bitten by a stray dog she was attempting to help detain Monday. The bite was reported around 1:40 p.m. Monday along Second Street Southeast. The dog, described as a pit bull, was taken to the Humane Society for quarantine.


WILLMAR -- A 32-year-old Raymond man was arrested on charges of driving while impaired around 1:40 a.m. Sunday along U.S. Highway 12 near the intersection with Second Street.

WILLMAR -- A 34-year-old man was arrested on charges of fifth-degree drug possession, driving while impaired, no driver's license and stop sign violation around 1 a.m. Sunday along Business 71 Northeast near the intersection with Hawaii Street.

District Court

Kandiyohi County

- Jose Oswaldo Moreno, 30, of Willmar, pleaded guilty and was sentenced Monday on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct for threatening a woman with a knife on July 4.

As part of a plea agreement, a felony charge of second-degree assault and a misdemeanor for domestic assault were dismissed.

He was sentenced to 30 days in jail, with credit for three days served and 27 days stayed, a $50 fine and six months of probation. Moreno was also ordered to submit to a domestic abuse evaluation and to follow the recommendations.

The charges were filed after Willmar police were called around 11:30 a.m. July 4 to a home in the city's northwest quadrant on a domestic incident. A woman, with whom Moreno had a relationship, reported he had come to the home and knocked on the door. The woman said she let him into the home. She said Moreno saw that the bedroom door was locked and suspected her boyfriend was hiding inside. When she refused to open the door, Moreno kicked it in, revealing a man inside the room.

The woman said Moreno got upset and picked up a 10-inch folding blade knife, which had been holding the door closed, and waved it around. She said he pointed the knife at her and that she felt threatened. The knife was located by officers.

- Lazario Domingo Diaz, 30, of Willmar, pleaded guilty Monday to a felony charge of third-degree assault for his role in beating a man June 29 at a rural Willmar residence.

As part of a plea agreement, another felony for escape from custody and a misdemeanor for fleeing an officer on foot will be dismissed. He will be sentenced Jan. 10.

Diaz and Francisco R. Vallejo, 37, of Willmar, were both charged with third-degree assault after the incident. Vallejo's next appearance is Jan. 18.

According to the complaint, Kandiyohi County sheriff's deputies were called around 1:20 a.m. June 29 to a home northwest of Willmar.

A man, who was bleeding heavily from his face, said he had been assaulted by several men at a home across the street. The man said he managed to get away from the men and ask a neighbor to call for help.

The man said that he had received a ride to the rural residence earlier in the evening from Vallejo and that Vallejo and a man identified as "Chattle" had beaten him. Chattle is a known nickname for Diaz.

A deputy questioned Vallejo, who had blood on his hand. He claimed the blood was from a mosquito bite and denied anything about a fight or even knowing the alleged victim.

While deputies were questioning another man, they heard rustling in a nearby brushline. The man claimed it was coyotes. Then a man, identified as Diaz, got up from the brush and ran away.

He was caught by an officer, handcuffed and told to sit down on a step. He again attempted to run away. The officer later secured Diaz in his squad car.

The alleged victim was interviewed at the hospital and said that he had known Vallejo for about 25 years and that they had drank beers around a bonfire.

He was leaving when Vallejo, Diaz and other men hit him, knocked him to the ground and punched and kicked him.

The man's lip was cut and he required stitches to close the wound.

- Daniel Aaron Ammermann, 21, of Willmar, pleaded guilty Monday to a felony charge of fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle for a May 23 incident that involved fleeing officers on a motorcycle.

As part of a plea agreement, two misdemeanors for driving without a valid license and not carrying proof of insurance will be dismissed. In addition, the state will make no objection to sentencing based on gross misdemeanor guidelines. He will be sentenced Dec. 29.

The charges were filed after a Kandiyohi County sheriff's deputy received a report from dispatch around 8:45 p.m. May 23 of three motorcycles traveling southbound in excess of 80 mph along state Highway 23.

The deputy located the motorcycles and used his radar to determine they were moving at 82 mph and pursued with lights and sirens activated.

One cycle continued, one stopped and the other sped up and turned off the highway.

Lance Kruger, 20, of Clara City, was identified as the cyclist who stopped. He was cited for speeding.

Kruger said he and Ammermann had gone to Spicer, drove around the lake and had something to eat.

Kruger said they were with another cyclist who left the restaurant before them and they were speeding to catch up with him.

A responding Willmar police officer was near the intersection of County Road 41 and 26th Avenue when he saw a motorcycle head south on County Road 41 and turn into a farmyard.

The officer identified Ammermann, who admitted he saw the officer and was trying to hide as he didn't have his cycle endorsement or insurance.

He initially denied fleeing the sheriff's deputy, but later recanted.

- Cory Dale Hanson, 21, of Willmar, pleaded guilty Monday to a felony charge of third-degree assault for hitting a man in the face and fracturing his jaw.

As part of a plea agreement, he will be sentenced according to gross misdemeanor guidelines. He will be sentenced Jan. 24.

The charge was filed after Kandiyohi County sheriff's deputies were called April 17 to a home along Third Street in Pennock. A man there said he was at a party at the residence and, when he walked up to two other men there, one of them turned suddenly and hit him in the face. The man said he didn't say anything to the man who hit him, nor did he make contact with the man before being struck.

The man was transported to the location of a traffic stop in Willmar, where the two men from the party had been stopped. There, the man identified Hanson as the man who struck him.

The man suffered a fractured jaw, a chipped front tooth and a cracked molar tooth.

- Chillice Ann Angrimson, 24, of Willmar, pleaded guilty Monday to an amended charge of gross misdemeanor receiving stolen property for her role in stealing a large, flatscreen television in July.

As part of a plea agreement, the charge was reduced from felony level and another felony charge will be dismissed. She will be sentenced Jan. 10.

Angrimson and Kenneth James Klang, 46, of Willmar, were both charged in connection to the case. Klang faces one felony for receiving stolen property.

The charges were filed after a Kandiyohi County Sheriff's deputy was called on July 14 to a rural Willmar residence to take a theft report. The residents reported that Angrimson had come to stay over at their home and that when they awoke in the morning, she and their 52-inch flat-screen television were both missing.

The value of the television was estimated at $2,200.

Angrimson was initially interviewed and denied any involvement in the theft. One of the owners later reported learning that Angrimson had approached another man and asked if he had a truck to move a television that she'd come into ownership of.

Further investigation revealed that the television was at a Pennock residence. A search warrant was executed and the television identified by serial number as the one taken from the residence.

The man who lived at the home told investigators he was approached by three white men selling the television in Willmar, but that he refused to buy it. He later agreed to take the television as a guarantee on a loan from a Willmar man identified as Klang.