Weather Forecast



This is the records summary for Dec. 10.


RAYMOND -- A 37-year-old Cokato man was arrested on charges of driving while impaired around 3:10 a.m. Thursday near the intersection of county roads 1 and 3.


NEW LONDON -- The New London and Spicer fire departments were called around 3:45 p.m. Wednesday to 20693 89th St. N.E. to extinguish a fire in an attached garage.


WILLMAR -- The theft of a 32-gigabyte iPod Touch was reported around 10:35 a.m. Thursday at the Willmar Senior High School, 2701 30th St. N.E.

District Court

Kandiyohi County

- Dontae Dwayne Barnes, 27, of Willmar, formerly of Brooklyn Center, made his first appearance Thursday on felony charges of third-degree and domestic assault.

Unconditional bail was set at $100,000 with conditional bail for $9,000 cash. His next appearance is Dec. 20.

According to the complaint, Willmar Police were called around 5 p.m. Tuesday to the Lakeview Highrise, 300 Seventh St. N.W. A woman there reported she'd been assaulted by Barnes. Officers found her bleeding heavily from a cut on her face and with her eye almost completely swollen shut. Ambulance crews arrived to take her to Rice Memorial Hospital.

At the hospital, the woman said that she and Barnes had argued over money and that he had hit her three times in the head with a closed fist. He left the apartment and she called 911.

Officers went to a home on the southeast side of town where they suspected Barnes was. A woman there told them that he was not in the home, but allowed officers to search the home. Barnes was found hiding in the basement. He was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Hennepin County.

In an interview, Barnes said he and the woman had argued, but that he wasn't his fault that he hit the woman because she is abusive. He had no marks on his body or face, but maintained that the woman had pushed him.

Officers returned to the hospital and questioned the alleged victim, who denied hitting Barnes. She said he hit her once when she was standing up and twice more after she had fallen down.

Thirteen stitches were required to close the wound on the woman's face.