Weather Forecast



This is the records summary for July 25.

Suspect in Holiday robbery arrested after warrant served by SWAT team

WILLMAR -- A 20-year-old Willmar man was arrested on probable cause for first-degree aggravated robbery around 1 p.m. Tuesday after the Willmar Police SWAT team served a search warrant on a home along the 900 block of Fifth Street Southwest.

According to Police Chief David Wyffels, Mohamed Ahmed Jama was arrested for allegedly holding up the Holiday Station Store along the 800 block of Litchfield Avenue Southwest during the early morning hours of July 18. Evidence connecting Jama to the robbery was located at the home, police say.

Also arrested at the residence was Yusuf Mohamed Abdullahi, 35, who was wanted on warrants from Hennepin and Lyon counties.


WILLMAR -- A case of shoplifting was reported around 4:15 p.m. Monday at Cash Wise Foods, 1300 Fifth St. S.E. The person had attempted to take approximately $100 of meat without paying for the merchandise.


WILLMAR -- A 28-year-old woman was arrested on charges of domestic assault around 8 p.m. Monday along the 600 block of Ridgewood Place Southwest.

District Court

Kandiyohi County

n John Loren Ostendorf, 33, of Raymond, was sentenced Monday to 365 days in jail, with 355 days stayed, a $3,000 fine, with $2,500 stayed, and two years of probation on a gross misdemeanor charge of interfering with a 911 call.

As part of a plea agreement, a felony charge of false imprisonment and a gross misdemeanor for stalking were dismissed. He was also ordered to comply with the recommendations of a domestic violence assessment evaluation, complete a batterer's intervention program and have no contact with the victim.

The charges were filed after a Kandiyohi County sheriff's deputy was called Dec. 18 to a Willmar residence. A woman there, who had previously had a relationship with Ostendorf, reported that she had asked Ostendorf for a ride to a Willmar store and that he had come to her home and given her a ride. However, instead of driving her to the store, he drove east to Kandiyohi and then north, would not let her out of the vehicle and prevented her from calling 911. Ostendorf eventually returned to Willmar and the woman was able to call for help. She was able to get out of the car.

While the deputy was talking with the woman, Ostendorf called the woman's phone and talked with the deputy. He admitted to preventing the woman from calling 911 and said he wouldn't let her out of the vehicle because he wanted to talk things out with her.