Health insurance is usually confusing and almost always expensive. Here are some sources that might reduce the confusion and, possibly, cut the cost:
• www.healthcare.gov: Federal government web site with key information on health insurance and the Affordable Care Act
• www.healthcare.gov/small-businesses: information on health insurance options for small business related to the Affordable Care Act.
• www.healthcare.gov/small-businesses/employers: Information of the Small Business Health Options Program, or SHOP.
• www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act: Internal Revenue Service information on tax resources involving health insurance for individuals and businesses.
• www.irs.gov/uac/small-business-health-care-tax-credit-for-small-employers: IRS guidance for tax credits for businesses with fewer 25 employees and that provide health coverage for their employees.
• www.sba.gov/managing-business: Information from the U.S. Small Business Administration on health care.
• www.nahu.org/consumer/findagent.cfm: The National Association of Health Underwriters' online search engine for locating agents by state and area of practice.
• kff.org The nonprofit Kaiser Family Foundation offers analysis and information on health insurance and health care in general.