Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Sunday morning fire damages Willmar business

Carolyn Lange / Tribune A fire Sunday morning caused damage to Affordable Auto Repair, 1210 Lakeland Drive Southeast. The Willmar Fire Department was on the scene for about two hours.

WILLMAR — An auto repair shop was damaged in a fire Sunday morning.

The Willmar Fire Department was called to Affordable Auto Repair, 1210 Lakeland Drive Southeast, at 11:37 a.m. Sunday.

Fire Chief Frank Hanson said a small shed behind the business caught on fire and the flames then traveled to the main building.

He said it's possible the fire was started with a portable heater.

At least one car that was parked by the building was damaged in the fire.

Hanson said the main building did not suffer extensive damage.

Fire crews were on the scene for about two hours in temperatures that were barely above zero.

There were no injuries and the cold didn't cause problems for water hoses, but Hanson said the firefighters "were happy to be done" and return to the fire hall.

Carolyn Lange

A reporter for 35 years, Carolyn Lange covers regional news with the West Central Tribune.

(320) 894-9750
Advertisement