Weather Forecast



This is the records summary for Sept 17.

Danube man, boy airlifted

after crash south of Danube

DANUBE — The Renville County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a Monday two-vehicle crash south of Danube that resulted in two people being airlifted to a metro-area hospital for treatment of their injuries.

According to a news release from Sheriff Scott Hable, Curtis F. Schmidt, 47, of rural Danube, was driving a 2008 Jeep that was struck broadside by a 2008 Honda Ridgeline pickup driven by Keith M. Kibbel, 66, of Forest Lake. The crash was reported just after 8 a.m. at the intersection of County Roads 1 and 4, about eight miles south of Danube.

Schmidt and his passenger, Cameron Schmidt, 11, were extricated from their vehicle and the flown by air ambulances, North Air Care and Life Link III, from the scene to North Memorial Medical Center in Robbinsdale. Their current conditions are unknown.

Kibbel was transported by ambulance to Renville County Hospital and Clinics in Olivia for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.

Also responding were the Danube police, fire and medical response unit, Olivia fire, rescue and ambulance and Renville Ambulance Service. The Minnesota State Patrol is assisting with reconstruction of the crash.


SPICER — The theft of a live trap was reported around 1:20 p.m. Sunday along the 7300 block of 153rd Avenue Norheast.

WILLMAR — The theft of a gaming system was reported around 9:50 p.m. Sunday along the 1200 block of Business 71 North.

WILLMAR — The theft of a scooter was reported around 2 p.m. Sunday along the 1200 block of High Avenue Northeast.

Property damage

WILLMAR — Damage to a residence was reported around 6:15 p.m. Sunday along the 3200 block of First Avenue Northeast.


NEW LONDON — A 58-year-old man was arrested on charges of domestic assault around 1:20 p.m. Sunday along the 19000 block of 59th Street Northeast.

District Court

Kandiyohi County

n Benito Sanchez, 23, of Willmar, pleaded guilty Monday to a felony charge of knowingly violating the requirements for predatory offenders.

He will be sentenced Oct. 8.

The charge was filed after the county probation officer assigned to monitor Sanchez reported to Willmar Police on March 14 that the address listed by Sanchez had been vacated 10 days prior. The detective assigned to the case also found that Sanchez was no longer working at the employer he reported to authorities and his last known phone number had been disconnected.

n Curtis Lee Brame, 47, of Willmar, was sentenced Monday to 23 months in prison and a $2,500 fine for a felony charge of terroristic threats for threatening and harassing a woman with repeated phone calls in July 2012.

As part of a plea agreement, two additional felony charges for stalking were dismissed. He was given credit for 26 days already served in custody and ordered to pay the fine and court fees with his prison earnings.

The charges were filed after July 25, 2012, when a woman reported to Willmar police that she had been threatened and harassed by Brame with repeated phone calls. The threats included threats to harm the woman and her family members.

While the woman was speaking with the officer, Brame called her cell phone six times and left seven voice mail messages and the officer recorded the calls, which included threats against the woman. The woman also told the officer that Brame had previously assaulted her.

Brame had prior convictions for domestic assault and terroristic threats in 2009 and a conviction for fourth-degree drug sale in 2009.