Heat, possible storms expected during Sonshine
WILLMAR -- It seems that the week of the Sonshine Christian music festival in Willmar often brings excessive heat, thunderstorms or both.
Holding true to form, 2012 Sonshine week will have some heat and maybe some storms.
The Willmar area isn't expected to see an extreme heat wave like that of a week ago. Highs Thursday are expected to be around 90 with mostly sunny skies, according to the National Weather Service.
High temperatures for the rest of the week will be in the 80s, with predicted highs of 84 on Friday and 88 on Saturday. On Sunday, when people are packing to head home, the high is expected to be 87.
The low temperatures each night are expected to be in the 60s.
The Weather Service predicts a 30 percent chance of showers after 1 a.m. Friday and a 50 percent chance of showers for the rest of the day. The chance of showers on Saturday is 20 percent.
Otherwise, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are expected to be partly to mostly sunny.
Early next week, high temperatures are expected to be in the high 80s, with a slight chance of storms each day.