Salvation Army to provide free meals to kids starting Monday
WILLMAR — The Salvation Army of Willmar will be participating in the Summer Food Service Program this summer, which is set to start Monday.
The Summer Food Service Program, a function of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is designed to provide meals for children who depend on free school lunches during the summer, when school is not in session.
Lunch will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis to anyone under the age of 18. There are several locations where meals are served at various times on varying days as shown in the schedule below. The program will run through Aug. 18.
• Sunwood Estates at 2601 15th Ave. N.W. will have meals from 10:40 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday.
• Somerset on the Lake at 420 30th St. N.W. will have meals from 11:15 to 11:40 a.m. Monday and Wednesday
• Regency West at 401 30th St. N.E. will have meals from 11:15 to 11:40 a.m Tuesday and Thursday.
• Dana Heights at 1226 Dana Dr. S.E. will have meals from 11:50 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Hanson Apartments at 401 Lakeland Dr. S.E. will have meals from 12:25 to 12:50 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Northland Square at 1400 Lakeland Dr. N.E. will have meals from 1:10 to 1:40 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Bria's Playground at Seventh Avenue North and Ella Avenue will have meals from 2 to 2:30 p.m. Monday and Wednesday.
• Rice Park at 805 Third St. S.W. will have meals from 2 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday.