This is the record summary for Feb. 25, 2013.
GROVE CITY — The Grove City Fire Department said a faulty propane heater started a fire early Sunday morning that caused cosmetic damage to a pullet barn owned by Mark Wingdinger, 53410 220th St., rural Grove City.
The Meeker County Sheriff’s Office received a report of the fire at 12:01 a.m. Sunday. Meeker County deputies, Grove City Fire Department and Litchfield Fire Department were dispatched.
Grove City firefighters determined that the fire was in the wall of the 500-by-70-foot building. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to a small portion of the building.
Wingdinger told firefighters that he had received a temperature alarm at the building. He arrived and noticed the metal sheeting on the wall close to the heater was turning black and he could smell smoke.
The fire caused cosmetic damage to the building. The monetary value of the damage is not known at this time.
The building was insured and contained 140,000 baby chicks, all of which survived. Litchfield firefighters assisted Grove City with a tanker and manpower.
NEW LONDON — The Kandiyohi County Sheriff’s Office received a report Saturday night of a broken window on a bus owned by Palmer Bus Service. The bus was parked at New London-Spicer High School.
WILLMAR — Willmar Police received a report Saturday of gang graffiti on a garage just south of the 200 block of Havana Street Northeast.