Installation of rural intersection lighting to begin across region
WILLMAR -- Intersection lighting will be installed at 18 rural locations in Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lyon, McLeod, Meeker, Murray and Redwood counties beginning on Monday.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation said in a news release that the lighting projects will improve visibility and safety at intersections.
Motorists may encounter brief, temporary lane closures. All intersection lighting installations are scheduled to be completed by Sept. 20, weather permitting.
The intersection locations are as follows:
- Highway 9 and Highway 71 in Kandiyohi County.
- Highway 23 and Kandiyohi County Road 1 in Kandiyohi County.
- Highway 7 and Highway 40 in Chippewa County.
- Highway 40 at the east and west junctions of Highway 29 in Chippewa County.
- Highway 22 and the west junction of Highway 59 in Lac qui Parle County
- Highway 55 at the east junction of Highway 4 in Meeker County
- Highway 212 at the east and west junctions of Highway 4 in Meeker County.
- Highway 15 and Meeker County Road 27 in Meeker County.
Design Electric, Inc., is the prime contractor for the $209,227 project.
MnDOT urges motorists to always drive with caution, slow down in work zones and never enter a roadway that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
For statewide travel information visit www.511mn. org, call 5-1-1 or log on to www.mndot.com.