Weather Forecast


Candle starts fire in Meeker County home

LITCHFIELD -- A candle left burning in a bathroom is the cause of a fire that damaged a rural Meeker County Home Saturday evening.

According to the sheriff's office, dispatch received a 911 call around 7:10 p.m. Friday regarding a fire at 16129 County Road 9, the Justin and Carolyn Berggren residence.

The Hutchinson and Dassel fire departments battled the blaze. The fire caused major damage to the bathroom area of the home, the rest of the areas sustained smoke and water damage. Nobody was injured as a result of the fire.