Weather Forecast


Rural Belgrade home burns in grease fire blaze, family out safely

BELGRADE -- A 20-year-old woman and two small children safely escaped a burning home Thursday afternoon southeast of Belgrade.

According to a news release from Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner, The Belgrade and Brooten fire departments, along with the Brooten Ambulance and sheriff's deputies, responded to a house fire at 3:47 p.m. at 41463 Eastbend Road in Crow River Township.

When sheriff's deputies arrived, the home was fully engulfed. Samantha Shroyer, 20, a 2-year-old child and 7-month-old child got out of the home safely.

The cause of the fire is believed to be hot grease on the stove. The Red Cross is providing assistance to those involved.

The home is owned by Michelle Huffman, 44, of Belgrade, and Michael Huffman, 49, of Willmar.