Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Fire leaves Renville County couple homeless

FRANKLIN -- A Renville County family is homeless after a fire destroyed their mobile home Monday.

The fire was reported at 5:56 p.m. when the sheriff's office received a 911 call reporting a house on fire on the 41000 block of 660th Avenue., which is about three miles northeast of Franklin.

The caller reported seeing flames coming out of the kitchen and that both occupants were outside.

By the time fire crews arrived on scene, a majority of the trailer house was already engulfed in flames.

The initial investigation showed the fire started in the kitchen while the couple was cooking on the stove.

It is believed that something combustible was near the stove at the time and caught fire, according to a press release from the Renville County Sheriff's office.

The house was considered a total loss and displaced both occupants.

The sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by Franklin Fire Department, Franklin Ambulance, Fairfax Fire Department and the American Red Cross.

Carolyn Lange

A reporter for 35 years, Carolyn Lange covers regional news with the West Central Tribune.

(320) 894-9750
Advertisement